20
Sun, Oct

9 rebels eliminated in Nangarhar

East
Typography

NagaharNine armed rebels were killed in a security operation in the Batikot district of eastern Nangarhar province, officials said on Monday.

The offensive was carried out in Mashwano area late on Sunday, the governor’s spokesman, Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, told Pajhwok Afghan News. Two machineguns, five Kalashnikovs and two walkie-talkies were seized.
But area resident Ajmal said more than a dozen insurgents had been killed in the operation involving aircraft. 

On the other hand, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said several Afghan and foreign troops were killed or wounded in clashes. He added four civilians were also killed and two others wounded.
But the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) media office in Kabul said their service member suffered had suffered no casualties in Nangarhar.

Meanwhile, police spokesman, Hazrat Omar Mashriqiwal, said another three-day cleanup operation was launched in Haska Mina district this morning.
After clearing the town, a number of check points would be set up in various parts of Haska Mina, he said.

Source:Pajhwok